How do I configure post-chat surveys?
A Post-chat survey is a must have live chat software feature if you would like to capture customer feedback on their experience with your operators. It will help you improve the way customers are handled by your support staff.
In the future we will be developing a Net Promoter Score (NPS) version of the post-chat survey.
To enabled post chat survey please follow these steps:
- Switch to Admin Panel > My Account > Surveys.
- Click [+ Add survey] at the top right.
- You can setup up to 10 questions for the survey. Customers will be able to reply to your questions on a 1 to 5 scale.
- It is important to change "Submissions per visitor" value to 0. The setting controls how many times the same customer may submit a post chat survey within the specified time frame.
So if the value is 0, the same visitor may submit post chat survey unlimited times. If the value is 24, the visitor may submit only 1 survey within 24 hour period. While testing the feature it is recommended to change this value to 0.
- Scroll down and select [Add survey] to save your settings.
- If you are using classic popup chat window please Switch to Admin Panel -> Chat System ->Customization-> Chat window, Select the chat window you'd like to apply this post-chat survey to, Scroll down to Show survey: and select the survey you added. Save your chat window.
- If you are using modern embedded chat widget, please switch to Admin Panel -> Chat system -> Installation -> Embdedded, Select the widget you are using, select survey to attach to the widget and click "Save" button.
Now your customers will be presented with post-chat survey after completion of a live chat session!
Note: A customer must click on the End Chat icon in the chat window in order for a survey to show.
To make sure every customer gets a chance to submit a survey it is also a good idea to enable automatic chat transcript emails to customers: