How do I setup my LiveHelpNow chat account in order to meet HIPAA and PCI privacy rules?
The following settings must be applied for LiveHelpNow Chat accounts to meet HIPAA privacy requirements.
- Force secure chatting:
- Remove email and print icons on the chat window:
- Deselect 'Operators can send/request files during chat' in Admin panel > Chat system > System setup > System settings.
- Restrict operators' ability to email chat transcripts:
Go to Admin panel > Chat System > System setup > System settings > scroll down to Operator restrictions, un-check 'Operators can email chat transcripts'
- Do not email chat transcript copies to visitors upon chat completion:
In Admin Panel > Customization > Chat window select each window and scroll down to the bottom of the menu. Ensure that 'Email customers chat transcript automatically upon chat completion' is left un-checked.
- Do not email yourself chat transcript copies (view them within operator panel Analytics reports or securely send them to a web service using Eventing API):
In Admin Panel > Customization > Chat window select each window and scroll down to the bottom of the menu. Ensure that 'Email transcripts:' is left blank.
- Request your account be restricted to certain IP addresses so only agents within your company network are allowed to login.
- Setup Eventing API to send chat transcripts to your server and request transcripts to be immediately purged.
- For ALL data that must be collected from the customer in secure HIPAA and PCI compliant way please setup and use secure forms. (My account->Forms)
More info on Secure Forms for PCI/HIPAA comliant data collection: