"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor".
When installing the LiveHelpNow alerter you may receive the following message:
This error may come from different reasons:
- Out-of-date version of Windows Installer.
- Not full access to the folder: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ or C:\Users\x\AppData\Local\Temp\. (this is a most likely cause)
- Visual C++ runtime is missing.
- .Net runtime is missing.
To troubleshoot the issue follow the items below in order, after each item, restart the computer and try the installation again, if still fails, proceed to the next item listed:
1. Change the permissions to full access to (no restart required after this step):
C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ or C:\Users\x\AppData\Local\Temp\
1. Open Windows Explorer and locate the mentioned folder above.
2. Right click on the folder, the Local Properties pop up window will appear.
3. Select the tab Security.
4. Click Edit, the Permissions for Local pop up window will appear.
5. On Group or user names, select the desired user or Everyone.
6. Ensure that the Allow check box for Full control is activated, else activate it.
7. On the Permissions for Local pop up window, click OK (if no changes were made) or Apply (if changes were made).
8. On the Local Properties pop up window, click OK (if no changes were made) or Apply (if changes were made).
2. Update Windows Installer following the instructions from this Microsoft Article:
3. Update Visual C++ runtime (Vcredist.exe) following the instructions from this Microsoft Article:
4. Update 4.0.3 for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 – Runtime Update (KB2600211) following the instructions from this Microsoft Article:
See this article for more information: