Mobile Chat works with any smartphone that has internet access. For basic setup instructions please review the LiveHelpNow MobileChat guide.
If you’re still not receiving SMS chat notifications please follow the steps below:
- Go to Admin panel -> Chat System -> System setup -> Mobile Chat. Select ‘On’ or ‘Based on schedule’ to access operator profiles.
LiveHelpNow Mobile Chat sends SMS notifications to your phone by emailing messages to YOUR_PHONE_NUMBER@your_providers_emailextension (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ‘Accepts Mobile Chat Requests’ must be checked for an operator to receive notifications.
- The ‘Mobile Provider’ selected must match the operator’s cell phone service provider.
If you don’t see your provider listed-
- To test if your phone is receiving these notifications simply create an email and send it to YOUR_PHONE_NUMBER@your_providers_emailextension.
- To find out what your provider’s email extension is please check here.
If you’ve tried steps 1 – 3 and none of them have solved the issue, you can still receive chat notifications via email by selecting ‘send to email’ in the operator’s mobile chat profile.
- Please contact your mobile provider to get the correct email extension for your mobile phone number.
- Submit a ticket that includes the name of your mobile provider & the email extension format that they gave you. A LiveHelpNow technician will add your provider to the list and you will be notified via email when the change has been made in the system.
The email address (blurred out above) is found in Admin panel -> Account setup -> Operators within the operator’s main LiveHelpNow profile.