How and where is Live Chat, Ticket and Knowledge Base data stored?
All account data (chat transcripts, tickets, call records, knowledge base articles) is stored at Performive SOC 2 Type II certified data center in Texas with backup site in Virginia (SOC 2 maybe provided upon request).
The data is transmitted via 256bit encrypted SSL channel, stored behind a firewalls and encrypted at rest. We use Transparent Data Encryption(TDE): http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb934049.aspx
The data is not sold or shared and is for your eyes only. You have full ownership of your data and can request full extract on-demand in a raw file format.
- Chat transcripts are stored for 3 months. (2 years for Enterprise package)
Chat transcripts may be backed up by configuring automatic chat transcript email in Admin Panel->Chat -> Chat window, by Exporting from Chat Transcripts report, by pushing transcripts in real time via Notification API or by using REST API.
- Account reporting data is stored for 1 year. (3 years on Enterprise version)
- Tickets and Call records are stored for 2 years. (5 years on Enterprise version)
- Knowledge Base articles are stored for the duration of your subscription.
- Ticket attachments are stored for 2 years (5 years on Enterprise version)
How to further secure access to your data:
- All account data may be setup to be purged upon specific event, hourly, daily or monthly upon request. Please contact your account manager at LiveHelpNow to enable automatic purge of your data per your requirements. An Enterprise subscription is required for data purge.
- Account access may be locked to certain IP addresses to make sure that only authorized personnel may access your account, i.e. only computers within your company network can login to your account.
- Configure multi factor or Single Sign-On authentication for your account in Admin Panel > Security
Other important documents: