How do I setup notifications for my Slack account for important events like new chats, support tickets, and shift deviations?
LiveHelpNow can be integrated with Slack for event notifications. For instance, if a chat is started in LiveHelpNow, a Slack channel will receive a notification so agents can quickly accept the chat in the LiveHelpNow agent workspace.
To integrate notifications for chat, ticket, call and workforce management with Slack, please first enable incoming webhooks integration in your Slack account for a channel where you would like to be notified.
- Go to https://api.slack.com/.
- Select Your Apps->Manage or follow this URL https://api.slack.com/apps.
- Click "Create New App" button to create a new app or select an existing app.
- Activate incoming Webhooks for the app.
- Click on "Add new webhook to workspace," select the channel to push alerts to, and click on "Allow" button.
- Copy webhook URL to be used within your LiveHelpNow account (chat and ticket automation notifications, workforce deviation notifications, etc.).